Traveling softball is known to have a higher level of competitiveness than recreational softball. A lot of players considering to make the jump to traveling ball should be made aware of the following:
- Traveling ball is significantly more expensive than recreational. It can incur costs from higher level coaching, more practice time, and travel expenses.
- There is no guarantee of playing time. The best players play.
- There is an increased chance for high-level development. Players looking to play in college and beyond should seriously consider joining a traveling team
- You will be required to try out and will be placed on a team according to ability.
- Rules are generally more closely related to high school or college softball.